QUESTIONS ABOUT THE “ONE” CAMPAIGN:
- What is the “ONE” Campaign?
“ONE” is a stewardship campaign designed to help us raise $5.5 million in order for us to extend our campus, build out our leased facilities and help reduce our current mortgage debt so that we may continue to grow and expand God’s Kingdom in the Temecula Valley and beyond.
- When will all this start?
Our unveiling is taking place on the weekend of September 20, 2014. Our groundbreaking campaign launch will be at The Rock Church Birthday Celebration on October 26, 2014, where we will bring all weekend services together and bring our First Fruits Offering and commitment cards.
- How long is the “ONE” campaign?
The “ONE” Campaign length is 36 months.
- Why is all of this necessary?
When something is healthy it grows. Not all growth is an indication of health, but healthy things grow. Jesus made it very clear that the mandate of the church is to go and make disciples of all nations. Matthew 28:19(NLT) Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. In order to be obedient to what Jesus told us to do, we have to make room for the continued growth of our church so that we may house the harvest that God is bringing in. Our current church buildings are consistently at or beyond capacity each week in several key areas. Parking, sanctuary seating, and children and youth ministries are all being challenged at certain times throughout the weekend. In addition, (Praise God) we have new families joining us every week! In short, we need more space. Not just for the sake of space, but to enlarge our influence to reach those who need to be reached.
- What will become of our current church facility?
Our Rock Church home will be converted into the Rock Youth Center; a much-needed “Fun, Safe, Godly Place” for our community’s young people. Our vision is to create a place to build healthy relationships, learn about the Lord, attend a weekend concert, shoot a game of hoops, or do some homework. Part of our future is to have an after school program where kids can learn and grow in a safe and Godly environment where we can influence the next generation for the glory of God!
Psalm 78:4 (NLT) We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders.
- Who’s going to pay for all this?
The Body of Christ at the Rock Church is going to be given opportunities throughout the course of the campaign to respond with obedience and generosity. We believe in equal sacrifice, and if we all give back the first fruits of what God has given us, this vision will be unstoppable!
- In what ways can I contribute to “ONE”?
a) Passionate Prayer and Worship
- Commit to praying for the success of “ONE” and ask God what your financial contribution should be, now and over the next three (3) years.
b) Active Membership
- Join one of the eight (8) “ONE” Teams to help make the vision a reality.
c) Committed Fellowship
- Faithfully attend church on a weekly basis.
- Join one of the many Small Groups offered at The Rock.
d) Faithful Stewardship
- There are many opportunities to contribute financially, both on a one-time basis and monthly over the course of the campaign.